Nous sommes actuellement le Mer 24 Avr 2024, 18:56

Le fuseau horaire est UTC [Heure d’été]

Publier un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 22 messages ]  Aller vers la page 1, 2  Suivant
Auteur Message
Message Publié : Mer 11 Mai 2016, 15:30 
Hors-ligne

Message(s) : 44
Mx5 : NC
Modèle : 2007
Dear Belgian MX-5 owners or European MX-5 owners visiting Spa-Francorchamps for the Spa 24h race, let's meet up!

I already made a post about possible MX-5 meet-up in Paris (here) but I'll be spending a whole week in Belgium volunteering for Spa 24h at Spa-Francorchamps and would love to have an opportunity to meet fellow MX-5 owners there.

Unfortunately I will be a pedestrian, so not very mobile. But I relied on SNCB before and could get around Brussels or Liege to meet up with owners there, or somehow manage to meet at Spa once I know what station I will be assigned.

My goal is to take some pictures of local MX-5's for my blog. But also share a drink or a meal with the owners and chat about our cars. I have an NC1 GT PRHT in the US. I've done similar events in Southeast Asia and South Pacific and they were a lot of fun.

Please reply if interested. It would be a perfect opportunity do something fun!

Thank you... Merci!

--Russ

www.myroadtrip.net

PS. I will also marshal at Zandvoort in the Netherlands and Nurburgring in Germany in case there are MX-5'ers there on this forum. Everyone welcome to join.

Message Publié : Mer 11 Mai 2016, 16:05 
Hors-ligne
Membre Mx5France

Message(s) : 13992
Mx5 : NBFL
Modèle : 2004
it might be nice yes.
by cons, my English is more than low

si c'est pour faire une caisse de parking, autant faire du modélisme!

mx5 NB 1.6l orange evolution 1998 vendue
miata mazdaspeed 1.8l turbo 2004

Message Publié : Mer 11 Mai 2016, 16:11 
Hors-ligne

cherub a écrit :
it might be nice yes.
by cons, my English is more than low

your English is much better than my French... the only thing I know is how to order Kriek... s'il vous plaît :)

Message Publié : Mer 11 Mai 2016, 17:00 
Hors-ligne
Membre Mx5France

Message(s) : 13992
Mx5 : NBFL
Modèle : 2004
:lol:
:jaime:

si c'est pour faire une caisse de parking, autant faire du modélisme!

mx5 NB 1.6l orange evolution 1998 vendue
miata mazdaspeed 1.8l turbo 2004

Message Publié : Mer 11 Mai 2016, 22:22 
Hors-ligne

Message(s) : 112
Modèle : 2008
Hello Russ.

What a nice idea! It must be a lot of fun to meet people from all over the world to speak about this common passion! :)

Feel free to post another message beginning/mid july so that we can keep in touch! :)

Regards

Kevin

Message Publié : Mar 17 Mai 2016, 07:07 
Hors-ligne

Will do Kevin, thanks so much for responding! I'm hoping this does indeed materialize.

Message Publié : Jeu 23 Juin 2016, 04:46 
Hors-ligne

just booked my Thalys ticket from Brussels to Paris on August 2, which means I'll spend August 1 in Brussels and stay near the Midi station.

hopefully a few of you will be available on that Monday afternoon...

I'm still trying to organize the other parts of my trip through the Netherlands and Germany, if you guys have friends/contacts with MX-5's near Amsterdam or Dusseldorf, Cologne, Bonn, Nurburgring, please share :)

Message Publié : Mar 28 Juin 2016, 14:01 
Hors-ligne

Message(s) : 816
Mx5 : NA
Modèle : 1990
Hello! Nice trip!
I've met the first owner of my 1990 miata, in San Diego during my hollidays 2 years ago :hello:
Sharing the passion is pure happyness.

Hope to see you in Belgium! Unfortunately, I don't wanna drive my old miata to Bruxelles :aie:
Too long road for my back :D

I'm sure we could organize some little event for you, around Liège and Spa.

Are you traveling alone?

C'est quand tu vois le taux d'intéret de ton livret, que tu te dis qu'il vaut mieux investir dans la mx

Membre MMRC Belgique n°0366 / Miata NA 1990 1.6 / Octavia 1.6CDTI / NC 2008 Niseko 1.8

Message Publié : Mar 28 Juin 2016, 15:03 
Hors-ligne

Thank you for your reply!

I am travelling alone although I have been coming back to marshal in Europe for a few years now and my friend from Leopondsburg keeps my camping gear for me and helps me get to the racetracks (Le Mans, Nurburgring and Spa-Francorchamps). Because of his help I haven't had the need to rent a vehicle, it's just as easy to take a train to Hasselt to meet and join him for the rest of the way.

Brussels was always the convenient city to arrive into and base myself inbetween racing events, but I have heard so many good things about Liege I would love to check it out. I did some research earlier today to book hotels in Amsterdam, Cologne and Brussels and Liege was the most expensive place of the group to stay in so I didn't reserve a hotel there yet. But I will have quite a few days free between the WEC at N-ring and 24h of Spa that I could potentially stay in Liege or near it.

Any recommendations?

PS. I see a facebook group of MX-5 owners in Liege so I think I stand a better chance of meeting Miata owners there than I do in Brussels, naturally I'd love to come to Liege!

Message Publié : Mer 29 Juin 2016, 10:11 
Hors-ligne

Message(s) : 816
Mx5 : NA
Modèle : 1990
If you come to Spa, you have to spend at least a few hours in Liège! You have to see the train station, the Mediacité, some cute monuments, the popular "carré" (party place), ...

The WEC of nurburbring is july 24,
the 24h of Spa is 26-31 july, (maybe you come just for the main race? 30-31 july)
and you're moving to paris the 1st of august.

So we should meet you between the 25 and the 29 of july.
For myself, I'm away on holidays until the 27 of july. :sic:

Bon bah Cherub,
c'est le moment de ressortir la réputée "balade de Cherub" mais jusqu'à Spa cette fois! Ou Liège :-)
Il y en a peut-être qui vont à Spa aussi?

Do you plan to visit anything in particular in Belgium (except racetracks :D ) ?
I think about the mannekenpiss (bxl), The Napoleon's battlefield (Waterloo),... I Hope your friend in leopoldburg will help you with the "touristic aspect of your trip" across the french part of the country.

C'est quand tu vois le taux d'intéret de ton livret, que tu te dis qu'il vaut mieux investir dans la mx

Membre MMRC Belgique n°0366 / Miata NA 1990 1.6 / Octavia 1.6CDTI / NC 2008 Niseko 1.8

Message Publié : Mer 29 Juin 2016, 20:34 
Hors-ligne

Message(s) : 1153
Modèle : 2006
There' s definitly a lot of us around Liège, we should be able to organise something :oui:

Message Publié : Mer 6 Juil 2016, 03:32 
Hors-ligne

this is from last weekend... a little bit frustrating, but 55 did very well before a BMW took it out

one more weekend and I'll be on the plane for Amsterdam, then Cologne, then somewhere in Belgium and finish in Paris in early August

Can't wait!

Message Publié : Mer 6 Juil 2016, 04:09 
Hors-ligne

Message(s) : 1153
Modèle : 2006
Any details of your belgian program yet?

Message Publié : Mer 6 Juil 2016, 04:11 
Hors-ligne

Bip-Bip a écrit :
Any details of your belgian program yet?

Belgium is the only one I haven't booked anything yet

I asked my host from previous times about CouchSurfing in Brussels, but in the past I have also booked hotels last minute once I knew what sort of transportation I could organize between events.

I would really like to visit Liege!

Message Publié : Dim 10 Juil 2016, 03:14 
Hors-ligne

For you folks in Liege, would Tuesday, July 26 or Wednesday, July 27 be a better day to meet?

I'm thinking I will take the train from Brussels to visit. I could do lunch on either day or dinner on Tuesday (because by afternoon Wednesday I'll probably be on the way to Stavelot for Spa 24h)

My other quest for a future (possibly this) Belgian visit is to have a cup of coffee on the border between Baarle-Hertog / Baarle-Nassau. Bonus points if there's some MX-5 owners there that'd like to meet up. I'm happy to buy the coffee ;) Always wanted to visit those enclaves/exclaves.

Publier un nouveau sujet   [ 22 messages ]  Aller vers la page 1, 2  Suivant Répondre au sujet

Le fuseau horaire est UTC [Heure d’été]