Publier un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 9 messages ] 
Auteur Message
Message Publié : Mer 2 Mars 2016, 09:11 
Hors-ligne

Message(s) : 6
Mx5 : NC
Modèle : 2008
How did it come to this road trip?
Uschi, my wife wanted to go to the sea. I wanted to go into the mountains and passes. So the idea was born for this trip.

At the start a few days near the sea. Cinque Terre should be beautiful and the Cote d'Azur as well. The great mountain passes are also in France. So was already the rough route completed.
From Vienna with a stopover in South Tyrol to the Cinque Terre. Our lodging we found near Levanto. By boat we drove the next day from Levanto to Riomaggiore and we could see all beautiful places in the Cinque Terre. In Riomaggiore, we boarded the train and headed back towards Levanto. There is a railway ticket, with which you ride all day in one direction and off at every station and can enter again. The fun costs € 7,50.
It's nice to have seen the places from the sea, and then to do a little exploring on foot.

The next day we were on our way to the French Riviera. In Aspremont, near Nice, we had booked at a small hotel.
On our way along the coast, we drove over the Passo del Bracco and later, just before Genoa, on the Monte Fasce. Here you should definitely stop at the car park at the peak height. On the one hand a wonderful view of the coast and on the other side a breathtaking view of Genoa.
The road to Monte Fasce is fully paved, but traveled anyway little.

The next day we spent in Nice. Again, there is an insider's tip - Nice-Nord, there is a large car park and the terminal tram (https://goo.gl/maps/uGLWJCgxkXm). Aimed at customers on a day pass for the tram and thus can park for free.
Since it was almost unbearably hot that day, we decided not to visit the city on foot and climbed on the Promande des Anglais the "Petit Train de Nice" and took this train 2 hours through the old town and Mont Boron.
The night brought little cool so we were glad to get into the mountains the next day.
The next stop was the perfume capital Grasse. You can smell this city formally and so we did it then also took a walk through the old town. For every shop it smells and the products of the town are offered everywhere. Unfortunately, our time is not enough to visit one of the major perfumeries and there to see the production. But we will be back!

On this day our group was complete - at the start we were with 3 cars on the road (1x MX-5, 1x Chrysler Crossfire and 1x BMW Z4) and at the city exit of Grasse we met the last couple also with a MX-5 NC.
Then we visited the Grand Canyon du Verdon.

This grandiose gorge can be almost completely circumnavigate and the way pays off. The canyon is well worth a visit. Also again here's a tip - do not go in August to the Grand Canyon. In July is very little traffic, in August, however much.
Our night camp we had in Castellane, from where we took the next day in attack. It was the day of the passes.
Right at the beginning we drove the Col de Toutes Aures, then the Gorges de Daluis. Go from south to north - A tip to Gorges de Daluis. Here you always have beautiful views and does not have to go through all the tunnels.

Then we drove over the Col de la Cayolle and were the first time above 2.000m and enjoyed the slightly cooler air. The Col de Vars was the next and then the Col d'Izoard, with its lunar landscape.
After that we should only have 35km to the hotel, but a rockfall had blocked a tunnel on the track and we had to take a long detour. It went through several passes - the Col du Galibier, Col du Telegraphe and the Col de la Croix de Fer.

It is very important in our tours that I plan always enough time to deal with such things. The detour took at least 2 ½ hours.
After a short night in Les 2 Alpes, we drove on Route de la Roche d'Auris and then on to the Col de Sarenne. Then on Alpe d'Huez, to Col du Glandon and on to Col de la Croix de Fer.

The Route de la Roche d'Auris is an insider tip. The road is very narrow and partly worked into the vertical rocks and always offers breathtaking views of the valley.

After spending the night in Lanslevillard we drove to the highest pass in the Alps, the Col d'Iseran.

Then over the Little St. Bernard and the Colle San Carlo to Gignod where our hotel was waiting.
A real highlight, we experienced the next day. First we drove through the Great St. Bernard and then on the Croix de Coeur. On the Croix de Coeur there is less traffic and the reason is that a few kilometers are not paved. The road surface is a natural road which is very firm. In dry conditions there is not a problem and the route is easily driven with any normal road vehicle. The view from the summit ist awesom.

About the Simplon Pass we arrived in Domodossola.
The next day was a day of farewell. Marie and Ernst left us in Chur, Jeannette and Thomas in Rankweil in Austria. But first we drove over the San Bernardino Pass and via Lenzerheide a casual and relaxed tour.

On the next day, in Rankweil was the end of the tour, because Maria and Manfred drove straight home, but we wanted to use the day for a little mountain driving.
We drove over the Furkajoch, the Hochtannbergpass and Hahntennjoch. After that, the fastest way back to Vienna.

There were terrific days and a road trip that will remain in our memories for a long time.
If someone wants to drive the route, wants to have more information or wants to see a lot more pictures please check on my website http://www.bluestream.at/Wordpress/11-7-22-7-2015-berge-und-meer-tour/

Reports of tours, trips and meetings: http://www.roadstertouren.at

Dernière édition par gr_mx5 le Mer 2 Mars 2016, 11:12, édité 1 fois.

Message Publié : Mer 2 Mars 2016, 10:21 
Hors-ligne
Membre Mx5France

Message(s) : 2143
Mx5 : NBFL
Modèle : 2002
What a nice journey , thanks for the pictures !
:love:

L' Alsacien
NBFL 2002

Message Publié : Mer 2 Mars 2016, 10:23 
Hors-ligne
Membre Mx5France

Message(s) : 5109
Mx5 : NA
Modèle : 1993
Well done !

Chevrolet Corvette C6 2009
Honda Integra 2000 LHD vendue
Elise SC 2008 RHD vendue
SLK 55 AMG 2009 RHD vendue
NA 1993 Rocketeer blanche LHD ! Vendue
NC FL 2.0 BBR Super 200 soft top (RHD) vendue
NB FL 1.8 Sport (RHD) vendue
NB FL 1.8 Sportiv (LHD) vendue
Subaru Impreza break
557 ch, 7 roues motrices :)

Message Publié : Mer 2 Mars 2016, 10:34 
Hors-ligne
Membre Mx5France

Message(s) : 5037
Modèle : 1991
Great report :beer:

I'll go on your website to see more pic and videos later (even if, I don't understand german)

I also did some of the roads you drove this summer during my road trip : Passo del Bracco, Gorges du Verdon, Col de Vars, Col du Galibier etc...

And I almost took the same pic at Valloire, 15j later than you :ricane:

Etape 2 : Briançon - Annecy by Nicolas Garcia, sur Flickr

1991 Mazda MX-5 NA 1.6 115 Classic Red
1996 Suzuki X-90 1.6 95 Reddish Blue
2009 Mazda 2 DE 1.3 75 Brilliant Black S

Message Publié : Mer 2 Mars 2016, 10:50 
Hors-ligne

Message(s) : 15242
Modèle : 1996
very nice feedback, thank you !!

that remember me my 2 last trips : great Alpine road from Thonon to Nice, and north italian alps through italian/swiss passes from Evian to Venezia :love:

Message Publié : Mer 2 Mars 2016, 10:56 
Hors-ligne

Message(s) : 6
Mx5 : NC
Modèle : 2008
fisico_6403: I installed a tool for translation on my website ;)
You'll find the button right at the bottom.

This thing is'nt perfect and does some funny things, but I'm sure you will understand.

And yes indeed - it was a nice trip.
In 2012 we were in Monaco.
http://www.bluestream.at/Wordpress/17-8-25-8-2012-ein-kaffee-in-monaco-tour/

We do one great roadtrip every year. 2016 in Austria with 12 cars, 2017 may be Corsika, 2018 may be Norway

Reports of tours, trips and meetings: http://www.roadstertouren.at

Message Publié : Mer 2 Mars 2016, 11:09 
Hors-ligne
Membre Sympathisant

Message(s) : 1333
Modèle : 1996
it's great Trip
and very nice pictures
thanks to the report :hello:

NB 1.6 1999 (vendue)
NA 1.6 1996

Honfleur - Etretat 2016
200 MX-5 en Normandie

Message Publié : Jeu 3 Mars 2016, 14:17 
Hors-ligne
Membre Mx5France

Message(s) : 29105
Mx5 : NBFL
Modèle : 2005
Nice trip! :jap:

SIXTY ONE POWER GROUP!!!!!!

Arrêtez de crier "Mort aux cons!", on n'aura pas assez de cercueils!

Il faudrait essayer d'être heureux, ne serait-ce que pour donner l'exemple. Jacques Prévert

A Aurélien, Sergio, Vincent, Fred, Jean, Agnès, Krikou et Dominique pour toujours!

Message Publié : Jeu 3 Mars 2016, 21:20 
Hors-ligne

Message(s) : 3432
Mx5 : ND
Very nice trip through the French Alps :oui:

if you know some beautiful roads in the Austrian Alps (in summer), I am interested ;)

Mes terrains de jeux

Publier un nouveau sujet   [ 9 messages ]  Répondre au sujet

Le fuseau horaire est UTC [Heure d’été]